Can someone tell me the easiest way to learn Powershell? RRS feed

• Question

• Friends,

Many of you find this request quite funny and childish, but trust me this is the biggest pain area for me. I am working on Windows server since over 10 years but always worked through GUI. I am purely into Administration side and have no idea/knowledge about Programming, coding or scripting. To be very frank, I am afraid of coding as it's difficult for me to understand. I want to learn Powershell and trying to get some idea from online resources, documents, videos since 1 year but not going anywhere. I find the PS Syntax too confusing, specially when it comes to scripting.

Since most of you are having extensive experience in PS, I am posting this query here. Can someone suggest me any resource (docs,video or anything else) which can help me to learn Powershell and scripting from very basic.

Nilabh Verma

Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:24 PM

All replies

• Start here: Learn PowerShell  

Carefully do every example until you understand it and do all exercises.  Do not move to next unit until you are sure you understand th current unit.

After that get one of the new and excellent books on PowerShell

In a month you will be very comfortable with PS>

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:39 PM
  • Hi Nilabh Verma,

I also recommend reading "Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches".

Best Regards,
    Albert

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 9, 2018 4:40 AM