AD question RRS feed

• Question

• If I am not able to log on to a Server which is a Domain Member, using my Domain Admin account what will I have to do?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Rshirale,

From your description, it seems that you are unable to logon a domain member server with domain admin account and you want to know how to deal with it. If I have misunderstanding, please feel free let me know.

As far as I know, by default the user account which belongs to the domain admin group can logon to any member server in the domain.

To narrow down this issue, could you please create a user account with domain admin permission to test if you can logon the domain?

Please test if you can logon the domain member server with built-in administrator account? If yes, please run "gpresult /v > C:\gp.txt" to collect the group policy result on the problematic server

Please also check if there is a GPO which is configured to "Log on locally" or "Deny logon locally" right for the user account.

Computer configuiration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local policies\User Rights Assignment

If not, would you please tell me what kind of error message you can see when the issue occur? If possible, you may take screenshot of the error message and send it with the gp.txt to tfwst@microsoft.com

Meanwhile, please disjoin the member server from the domain and then re-join it to the domain to see if you can logon afterwards.

Hope it helps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by David Shen Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:39 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 9:30 AM