issue with installing APP-V man server. Error 25122. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

have an issue with installation of APPVMAN server on fresh 2008r2 with sql 2008 express.

Added to IIS:

Add the Web Server (IIS) role with the following role services enabled:

·         ASP.NET (and all required role services and features)

·         Windows Authentication

·         IIS Management Scripts and Tools

·         IIS 6 Management Compatibility

And configured SQL TCP as mentioned here:

http://www.verboon.info/index.php/2010/03/app-v-management-server-setup-and-sql-server-configuration/

With these settings I installed APPVMAN at home without problems. But trying to set it at work and getting error 25122. "The Installation program was unable to register the ASP.NET web service extension."

Also checked Application Pool in IIS it stays on 32 bit false.

The error appears after finding SQL Database and providing admin and user groups.

SOS :)

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis
    Monday, May 3, 2010 4:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

have you tried enabling verbose logging to determine further where it goes wrong?

/Znack
    Monday, May 3, 2010 6:32 PM
  • I am sorry... I lied... :)

My 2008 server was installed from a template with .NET 4 preinstalled.

Then I added IIS Role and .NET 3.5

Looks like the conflict was here. I uninstalled net4 removed the feauture 3.5, restarted reinstalled the feature 3.5.

Et Voila.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:55 AM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 7:13 PM
  • Thanks pop579. My App-V server installation had got stuck with the same error message "Error 25122. The installation program was unable to register the ASP.NET web service extension" and I was unable to troubleshoot any further. Installation logs were not any help. Most annoyingly, despite the error message the product got installed (although no shortcuts appeard on the start menu).

Anyway, removing .net 4 components solve the issue.

Before trying to install again, also removed and re-installed IIS role adding the following components

- Application development (selected all subcomponents) [not 100% sure if this is required - some sites list this as requirement]

- Security (windows authentication)

- Management tools (selected all the subcomponents)

Also, .NET 3.5 framework features are enabled too.

Monday, May 24, 2010 10:07 AM
  • Regarding IIS components, the features that are necessary for the App-V Management Server are:

- Application Development: ASP.NET; .NET Extensibility; ISAPI Extensions; ISAPI Filters

- Security: Windows Authentication.

- Management Tools: Full. IIS Management Console; IIS Management Scripts and Tools; Management Service; IIS 6 Management Compatibility (Full).

The Application Server Role is also highly recommended when we are using the SQL Server on the same operating system; this role adds also .NET Framework 3.5 and Windows Process Activation Service feature.

Hope it helps,

Cheers!

augusto alvarez | it manager | http://blog.augustoalvarez.com.ar/
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:37 PM
  • We are aware of the .NET 4.0 issue. Also note this can also cause 25100 errors as well depending on whether the .NET Clinet profile is installed by itself or the full .NET 4 package is installed.

More here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2212140/en-us

Thursday, June 17, 2010 7:53 PM
  • Augusto and other frustrated guys,

YES....!!!!  Pulling .NET 4 components out of Win08R2 and installing all the other Role Services DID IT !!!!  Thanks Friends...

workingOnHomeServer
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:12 PM

•  

Augusto and other frustrated guys,

YES....!!!!  Pulling .NET 4 components out of Win08R2 and installing all the other Role Services DID IT !!!!  Thanks Friends...

workingOnHomeServer
    If these items are prerequisites then why doesn't the checker find them.. rather than giving us cryptic error messages that we have to hunt the internet to find..

David Johnson
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Because the installer was written before .NET Framework 4 was released - the installer can't do time travel

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:33 PM