none
Active Directory Domain Services refuses to install

Question

• Hi There, 

So for the past 3-4 days I've been struggling to install Active Directory Domain Service (ADDS) it states "the source cannot be found" and to try it with an alternative source however when directed to a media source (ISO) atWIM:D:\sources\install.wim or D:\sources\sxs\ it again says the source cannot be found and to try and alternative source.

I'm at my whits end, Any help?

Thanks,

Jon.

• Moved by nzpcmad1 Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:46 PM From ADFS
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hi

First will do a clean installation of Server OS.(with a different media,download from TechNet evaluation center.) and fully patch it,and try again.

Also you should try to install role with powershell,check the article for steps;

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/identity/ad-ds/deploy/install-a-new-windows-server-2012-active-directory-forest--level-200-?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:38 PM
  • What OS? It should just "work" OOB without issue so I'd say the install may be damaged. As Burak suggests I'd clean install it but if you use the evaluation better to license before dcpromo as licensing an eval DC is not supported.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:53 PM
  • Hi Jon,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 7, 2017 9:05 AM