Get versions listing only last backup details RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have configured windows server backup in my DC and the target path is one on our backup server's network path, everything working fine but recently i have listed my backup details using GET VERSIONS command in DC, i wondered there was only one backup details  listed which is the last backup. no other backups are listed. when i checked the backup target path it is showing only one backup. I assumed that all my scheduled time server overwriting old backup. why it is overwriting old backup ? as there suficient space available to store other backups , please guide 

Friday, March 20, 2015 7:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you store backups on a remote shared folder, only one version of your backup will be maintained. You can also store backups on virtual hard disks to store multiple backup versions.

For more detailed information, please see:

Backup Version and Space Management in Windows Server Backup
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2009/06/22/backup-version-and-space-management-in-windows-server-backup.aspx

Best Regards,

Mandy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mandy Ye Friday, March 27, 2015 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:29 AM