none
Form based authentication - SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did setup for Forms based authentication. When I am trying to access the site....

I am getting a window with the message...

Error:Access Denied

You are currently signed in as: patrik

Sign in as a different user

I tried with administrator account as well. I got the same message...

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Friday, March 4, 2011 10:58 AM

Answers

• In that case, suspecting that you dont have permission on that site collection. Open central admin, Application management, select the site collection you created --> check the site collection administrator account

--> Try to login into the site using that account --> Later add your windows account to proceed further.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:52 PM

All replies

• I would troubleshoot as below.

Open the URL --> In the login prompt select Windows Authentication -->Go to Site Actions --> Site Permissions --> Ensure the FORM account is added with appropriate permission.

Otherwise add the Forms account again.

If it is Project web access, you need to add the user in PWA -->Server Settings -->Manage Users -->New user

Friday, March 4, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Hi,

As I mentioned previously, I am unable to login either with windows authenticatin or with Forms Authentication.

But you asked me ...to select Windows Authentication and to do settings. 

I can login into SharePoint Central administration but I cannot login into the site that I have created.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, March 7, 2011 1:52 PM
  • In that case, suspecting that you dont have permission on that site collection. Open central admin, Application management, select the site collection you created --> check the site collection administrator account

--> Try to login into the site using that account --> Later add your windows account to proceed further.

Monday, March 7, 2011 3:52 PM
  • Remove Forms Based Authentication and  try configuring again.

If that doesn't work, you need to look into the log files and see where the access deny is occuring.  Log in ULS, SQL trace and WIndows event.

Also a FYI. Loggng is as administrator means nothing to SharePoint.  SharePoint is running by using the authentication provided in the different services used to do it's thing and based on the SharePoint roles provide with your account, those are the rights that you have.

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, March 7, 2011 6:35 PM