View activities without viewing their parent work item RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a user role which only has access to a created change request queue and also an activity queue. I have noticed that even if one of change request's activities belong to the queue, yet the user role can not see the activity, but as soon as the change request it self match the queue condition, both the change request and the activity appear in the user console.

Is this behavior by design? What is the best practice of giving access to those who must not alter the parent work item (here a change request) but must see the relevant activities?

Should I use read-only operator user role?

Thanks

YSobhdel

Monday, August 1, 2016 4:10 AM

Answers

• If I got your scenario and requirement right you should give it a try with the "Activity Implmenter" user role.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:13 PM

All replies

• If I got your scenario and requirement right you should give it a try with the "Activity Implmenter" user role.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:13 PM
  • Hi,
    If the issue has been resolved, please mark it as "Answered". By marking Answers you increase the chances that others searching this forum will find the answer directly rather than re-posting the question.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:01 AM