Dot net question RRS feed

• Question

• Greeting,

Try to sequencing a older application, it need dot net 3 pre-installed then can start do the installation, my target machine already has dot net v4.5x installed.

What is the best way to dealing with this?

thanks

usera

newbie in app-v

ADD: Sequencing machine is windows 8.1 32 bit, I think it have dot net 4.5X installed as well

• Edited by userausera Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:37 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:04 PM

All replies

• Are you sure that the full .Net Framework 4.5 is installed? If so, that is meant to be backwards compatible, so if you're application requires 3.5, it should work fine with 4.5 on the system.

If you are trying it and it's not working just go ahead and install 3.5..it can be installed side by side with 4.5 anyways.

I strongly suggest that you DO install this on your Sequencing machine before you sequence your application. I also suggest that you ensure this has been deployed to your end users machines before you make the virtual application available. I suggest having this installed and deployed locally on your systems because .Net is something which is patched quite regularly. It should really be part of your companies image too.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:39 PM
  • Thanks for your reply,

ya, the sequencing machine (win 8.1 32 bit) has dot net 4.5 installed. the application was ask for dot net V3 not V3.5

usera

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:28 PM
  • You can implement the same as said by Rorymon for V3 too.

You can turn on the .net v3.5 feature by enabling it in control panel - Turn windows feature on or off. This feature will include v 2.0 and 3.0.

Once v3.5 is enabled, start the sequencing phase.

Hope it answers your need.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:46 AM
  • Thanks for the information

I got error message as below.

Googled, by did not find some good answer

Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:25 PM