WebDav Word handling of expired locks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have set up a WebDav server to open and edit files from Microsoft Word. That works fine but I am having issues handling expired sessions. I have tried returning a 401 and a 403 to word when it tries to lock a file with a session that has expired but I cannot get Word to give up and kick the user out of the file. Instead the user can just keep editing and trying to save the file with no apparent error message and Word keeps spamming the server with lock request.

What do I have to return to Word to tell it give up and tell the user the file is no longer available for editing?

Thanks for your help.

• Edited by ken65467543 Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:14 PM fixed typeo
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no build-in feature in Word application to resolve the issue. To help you better solve the problem, I suggest you ask questions at at Office for developer or Word for developer  Forum for help. You may get more helpful reply there.

Hope you could resolve the issue smoothly.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

I need your help now. Please remember to mark my reply as answer to help us close the thread. Your action also could help other customers find the helpful reply quickly.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, April 8, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, May 10, 2019 9:13 AM