Can delete old domain from scom 2012r2 RRS feed

• Question

• There was old (IT) domain with some DC`s. So, now that domain gone and even all servers deleted

But after 3 weeks all DCs are still in scom (with not monitored state):

Even multiple Remove-ScomDisable.... cant help

Whats wrong?

AD MP - 6.0.8321.0

none

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:36 AM

Answers

• The class "Windows Domain Controller" is unhosted and its discovery is targeted at "Microsoft.Windows.Computer".

Which means two things :

-It can't be be undiscovered when its hosting class is undiscovered, simply because there is no hosting class 

- It can't be undiscovered if the discovery can't run. And I assume the corresponding instances of Microsoft.Windows.Computer don't exist anymore (you say you uninstalled them), so the discovery can't run anymore.

You can't even disable the discovery since once again, the target (instances of class Windows Computer) doesn't exist anymore.

So I agree with Leon, you should use the procedure described by Kevin Holman.

• Marked as answer by SComrrr Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could refer to Kevin Holman's blog post below to see if it could help you out:

Deleting and Purging data from the SCOM Database
    https://kevinholman.com/2018/05/03/deleting-and-purging-data-from-the-scom-database/

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:58 AM
  • The class "Windows Domain Controller" is unhosted and its discovery is targeted at "Microsoft.Windows.Computer".

Which means two things :

-It can't be be undiscovered when its hosting class is undiscovered, simply because there is no hosting class 

- It can't be undiscovered if the discovery can't run. And I assume the corresponding instances of Microsoft.Windows.Computer don't exist anymore (you say you uninstalled them), so the discovery can't run anymore.

You can't even disable the discovery since once again, the target (instances of class Windows Computer) doesn't exist anymore.

So I agree with Leon, you should use the procedure described by Kevin Holman.

• Marked as answer by SComrrr Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:11 PM
  • It can't be be undiscovered when its hosting class is undiscovered, simply because there is no hosting class 

Many thanks , so simple...

Ok will move to new version...nothing to do

none

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:55 PM