!! SCCM 2012 RTM With SP1 - Website Catalog stop working... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I´m trying put the Website Catalog Application of SCCM 2012 to work, but his show the error for me:

on the file: 
    C:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\CMApplicationCatalog\Logs\ServicePortalWebSite.log

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[11, PID:5568][09/21/2012 15:01:48] :The web method threw a fault exception - System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Service.Faults5000.ServiceError]: Internal Server Error
    [12, PID:5568][09/21/2012 15:01:48] :The web method threw a fault exception - System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Service.Faults5000.ServiceError]: Internal Server Error
    [12, PID:5568][09/21/2012 15:01:48] :System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Service.Faults5000.ServiceError, Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Website.PortalClasses, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Internal Server Error

and on the file: 
    C:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\CMApplicationCatalogSvc\Logs\ServicePortalWebService.log

[15, PID:5652][09/21/2012 15:04:44] :An exception has been thrown from the service: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Service.ServiceError, Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Service.ApplicationOfferContract, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Internal Server Error

WCF is actived.
    and
    I have also performed the command to register .Net Framework agian... 

can anyone help me?

Thank´s

Danilo Gonçalves MCSA | Windows Server 2008 R2 and Virtualization Administrator

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

There's an interesting description in the logs provided:  "a connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake".

Did you enable SSL on the Application Catalog roles without needing them?

Verify if TCP/IP and named pipes are enabled. That can be done in SQL Server Configuration Manager. Also check if NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE is listed on the logins in SQL Server Management Studio. It should have the following User Mappings on your SCCM Database as well:

-public

-smsdbrole_WebPortal

Pablo B.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:28 AM
  • I was trying to enable SSL when it happened ...
    Now all the papers are for http but the error persists.

I checked the items you gave me and they were all ok.

Any more ideas?

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:00 PM
  • Pablo,
    problem solved. It was only name pipes of SQL Server !

Thank you so much.

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:11 PM

All replies

• Was the Installation of the roles successful? What do the logs indicate? Also keep in mind that this forum is for released products only. Beta/RC questions should be posted to connect.microsoft.com

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Hi there,

There's an interesting description in the logs provided:  "a connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake".

Did you enable SSL on the Application Catalog roles without needing them?

Verify if TCP/IP and named pipes are enabled. That can be done in SQL Server Configuration Manager. Also check if NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE is listed on the logins in SQL Server Management Studio. It should have the following User Mappings on your SCCM Database as well:

-public

-smsdbrole_WebPortal

Pablo B.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:28 AM
  • I was trying to enable SSL when it happened ...
    Now all the papers are for http but the error persists.

I checked the items you gave me and they were all ok.

Any more ideas?

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:00 PM
  • Pablo,
    problem solved. It was only name pipes of SQL Server !

Thank you so much.

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:11 PM