none
HELP ....WINDOWS 10 PRO 1607 WILL NOT UPDATE COMPLETELY !!

Question

• IT WILL NOT UPDATE IT GETS TO 96% AND HANGS! I HAVE TRIED DOING SEVERAL REBOOTS AND IT DID DOWNLOAD THE PACKET  Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015217). BUT WILL NOT GO ANY FUTHER. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO AND STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO DO IT PLEASE??

THANKS,

IN TROUBLE!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:04 AM

All replies

• (1) download KB4015217 via Microsoft Update Catalog.
    (2) refer to How to install CAB and MSU updates in Windows 10
      (KB number is different from what you will use. Read it KB4015217.)
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:12 AM
  • Hi ,

For update issue, we could run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Path : Control Panel \All control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories Windows Update
    Then, clear the update cache and repeat the windows update process. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to clear the update cache(path: c:\windows\ SoftwareDistribution), Windows will create a new SoftwareDistribution folder during Update process.
    If the issue persists, refer to Ashidacchi's suggestion to manually download KB4015217 from Microsoft Update Catalog and install. check if it works.
    If the issue still persists, reset Windows Update components should be last step you try.
    How do I reset Windows Update components?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:06 AM