none
Exchange 2013 Relay Options for corporate environments

Question

• Hello, I have a query around anonymous relay in corporate environments.  We currently have some 2010 Relays that allow anonymous connections and need to move over to 2013.  My question would be though what do others do in the real world - use the same or are there other options that could be used and how e.g. Postfix or something else?

What do you use for relay in your organisations?  Do you allow anonymous connections or authenticated?  How do you get around this?

Many Thanks.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum. We can use both of them, it's based on your requirements.

A very common scenario for Exchange Server 2013 administrators is the need to allow applications and devices on the network to use the Exchange server as an SMTP service.

For detailed steps: How to Configure a Relay Connector in Exchange Server 2013

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt668454(v=exchg.160).aspx also used to Exchange server 2013.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.
    Friday, April 6, 2018 2:33 AM
  • thank you Jason - my question is more around what other options are there out there.  Is everyone using E2K13 relay connectors or something else for this and if so what? Many Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:50 AM