WSS 3.0 SP1 - deleting a Site without existing db RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I 've got an old WSS 3.0 SP1 and want to Upgrade to Sharepoint Foundation 2010. I wanted to do this in the database attached way. Therefore the old WSS 3.0 needs to be patched to SP2.

The Installation of SP2 fails due to an database error. While I install the SP2, the programm wants to upgrade the db schema, but there is an old site where the content database is lost. The site is not needed anymore but I cannot delete the site because I got: Database Error: Access Denied. Unfortunaly the db does not exist and there is no backup of the old db. If I try to create an empty db and grant permisions in SQL2008R2 Studio, I got an Error, too. I want to delete the site, but always got an Error because the DB does not exist.

The STSADM.EXE -o deletesite -force command only exists in SP2 which I want to install. Does anyone have an idea to solve this? Even a solution to migrate a WSS 3.0 SP1 content db to SFS2010 would help me much, because the new farm will replace the old one. Thank you.

Greetings Alex

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:57 AM