WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Could you help me please I need to downloads WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 package KB972455 , where I can find it, on Microsoft page doesn't exist anymore

thank you

Thursday, December 12, 2019 7:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please consider downloading in the Microsoft Update Catalog:

In addition, WSUS 3.2 is about to end its life cycle. For business to proceed normally, please consider upgrading to a higher version of WSUS 4.0 or 10.0. Related Articles: "Update on WSUS 3.0 SP2 End of Life."
    Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mooner09 Friday, December 20, 2019 11:54 PM
    Friday, December 13, 2019 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please consider downloading in the Microsoft Update Catalog:

In addition, WSUS 3.2 is about to end its life cycle. For business to proceed normally, please consider upgrading to a higher version of WSUS 4.0 or 10.0. Related Articles: "Update on WSUS 3.0 SP2 End of Life."
    Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mooner09 Friday, December 20, 2019 11:54 PM
    Friday, December 13, 2019 2:27 AM
  • cool , thank you very much , but could you tell me is it possible if I have WSUS 3.0 to upgrade to vesion 4.0 if Yes, Microsoft provide some procedure how to upgrade

thank you

Friday, December 13, 2019 2:27 PM
  • cool , thank you very much , but could you tell me is it possible if I have WSUS 3.0 to upgrade to vesion 4.0 if Yes, Microsoft provide some procedure how to upgrade

thank you

Yes it is possible to upgrade WSUS 3.0 to 4.0. It requires a Server OS upgrade. WSUS 3.0 is limited to Windows Server 2008/2008R2. WSUS 4.0 (AKA WSUS 6.x) is limited to Windows Server 2012/2012R2. WSUS 10.x was introduced in Server 2016+

In order to upgrade WSUS 3.0 to 4.0, perform an in-place upgrade of Server 2012/2012R2.

There is NO OTHER WAY.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    https://www.ajtek.ca
    Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:48 PM

From scratch, step by step, refer to Microsoft's suggestions: "Migrate Windows Server Update Services to Windows Server 2012."

These articles contain complete steps, hope this helps you.

Regards,
    Yic

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, December 20, 2019 7:39 AM