Windows 7 RTM Bootscreen Change RRS feed

• Question

• I have the RTM of Windows 7, and I would like to change the bootscreen. I have the ntoskrnl.exe from the 6801 build, the one I would like to change to, and when I replaced the RTM's ntoskrnl, it showed the bootscreen for a split second then went into startup repair. Is there any software or tools built into Windows 7 that I can use to do this?
    I LOST THE GAME!!!!
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:06 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:49 PM

Answers

• No there isnt any type of software or tool built into windows to replace your bootscreen, and you could be violating your EULA by doing so, plus its best to avoid changing the bootscreen manually as you may do something wrong and make matters worse, especially when dealing with files inside the System32 folder...
    If you really want to change the bootscreen, there might be some automatic tools online that could do this for you easily, try searching in google.

Hope this helps,
    Fahd.

Fahd Al-Riyami
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, October 12, 2009 9:52 AM
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:47 PM

All replies

• No there isnt any type of software or tool built into windows to replace your bootscreen, and you could be violating your EULA by doing so, plus its best to avoid changing the bootscreen manually as you may do something wrong and make matters worse, especially when dealing with files inside the System32 folder...
    If you really want to change the bootscreen, there might be some automatic tools online that could do this for you easily, try searching in google.

Hope this helps,
    Fahd.

Fahd Al-Riyami
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, October 12, 2009 9:52 AM
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:47 PM
  • I have been google searching for a while now. I only found Tune-up Utilities and Startdock's Bootskin Vista, but will they work for Windows 7? Tune-up utilities doesn't find the 7 bootskin, it finds the Vista one. I have it running in compatability mde for vista sp1, so is it finding something preset for the compatability mode, or is it finding the actual loader for repair mode and such? 
    I LOST THE GAME!!!!
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 11:31 AM
  • Considering that Windows 7 RTM hasn't been released to the rest of the public yet its possible that closer to/shortly after the street date Stardock might update their offering (which would be able to do what you want). I would be willing to bet that they already have something in the pipeline probably already in internal beta testing, but I can only guess.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:47 AM