No sound? No webcam? Disc drive not working? Have an HP? YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! RRS feed

• General discussion

• So, I have been dealing with this for over a month trying for COUNTLESS hours to find a fix. I found this forum on HP's website. What I have learned is that the hardware put into most HPs is not compatible with the Vista updates. Mine and many others' problems started when the comp ran automatic updates for SP2. If you are having these problems, please do not waste your time trying to fix them. It can't be done. It's been reported to HP and S for over 2 years and they have not made a patch or fix that works. They simply don't care about their consumers. Trust me, I am spreading this word like wildfire to everyone I can. I'm sure the moderator will delete this post, but hopefully a few people will get to read this before they do and also spread the word.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-Quicktouch-on-screen-display-has-stopped-working-and-no-audio/td-p/95694  

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, September 4, 2011 12:20 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    • Changed type Magon LiuModerator Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:06 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 3:28 PM