none
ADFS - WID vs SAML RRS feed

• Question

• Again...still learning all this!

We are going to be setting up ADFS 3.0 on a Windows 2012 R2 server. I was reading over the different FS topology, and saw WID vs SQL. The only difference I noticed was WID type doesn't support SAML or token replay detection. I'm asking because, one of our potential cases would be using single-sign on with Zoom. Their documentation states that they support SAML 2.0. So...does that mean in this case we would HAVE to be using the SQL FS setup?

We already have a SQL server up and running, so it should be too difficult to setup a new DB, but I think it would be easier for us to maintain the WID version. Thanks in advance!

Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:22 PM

Answers

• WID totally supports SAML 2.0.

It doesn't support one of the SAML profiles - artifact resolution. It's rarely used though.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:58 PM

All replies

• WID totally supports SAML 2.0.

It doesn't support one of the SAML profiles - artifact resolution. It's rarely used though.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:58 PM
  • Hello,

Like others have mentioned, the Windows Internal Database (WID)  for ADFS supports SAML 2.0.

Hope that helps.

Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC <a href="https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/4a046848-4b33-4a28-b254-e5b01e29693e/interactivecard"> View my MCP Certifications</a>

Friday, January 11, 2019 5:29 AM