Mouse Scrolling Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7 Professional installed with a Microsoft optical mouse.  When I use the wheel to scroll while surfing the internet, the page will automatically scroll back up about 10 lines or so a few seconds after I finish scrolling.

Any ideas to what might be causing this?

Friday, January 7, 2011 3:37 AM

Answers

• Do all sites exhibit this behavior?  I know that facebook and google images both (among others) now utilize javascript for "continuous scroll".  That is, more content appears as you scroll down, so you never have to go to another page.  However some browsers re-adjust the spacing when this is triggered, and cause the page to shift as the script runs.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:42 AM
    Friday, January 7, 2011 6:45 PM

All replies

• Do all sites exhibit this behavior?  I know that facebook and google images both (among others) now utilize javascript for "continuous scroll".  That is, more content appears as you scroll down, so you never have to go to another page.  However some browsers re-adjust the spacing when this is triggered, and cause the page to shift as the script runs.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:42 AM
    Friday, January 7, 2011 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

How’s going? Does it exhibit on all sites? Shawn’s reply provided useful information indeed.

Did you have any update?

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, and Shawn's reply indeed provide the useful information. Will mark it as ‘Answered’ in order to help other community members. Please feel free to  reply this post directly if you have any update, so we will be notified to follow it up. 

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:41 AM