none
Different date formats for Reports and Gantt Charts RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to change the date format used in Reports for a cleaner look.  Currently i have the date format set to:  "Day mm/dd/yy" which is preferable for Gantt charts and other project views, however for reporting I'd like to remove the "Day" reference and display only "mm/dd/yy".  I know how to change the format under File > Options > General > Date format, but this is a global setting.  Is there a way to change the date format in Reports without affecting the other views?

Thank you

Steve

Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:32 PM

All replies

• Steve --

It is not possible to change the date format used for dates in reports.  There are only two locations where you are allowed to change the date format settings.  One location is the Project Options dialog, which you referenced in your question.  The other location is in the definition of each table.  I would recommend you do the following:

• In the Project Options dialog, specify the date format that you want used in your reports.
    • Edit each task table you use regularly to use the date format you want to see in views.  To edit a table, apply the Gantt Chart view and then click View > Tables > More Tables.  In the More Tables dialog, select the table you want to edit (such as the Entry table) and then click the Edit button.  In the bottom half of the dialog, select the Date Format option you want to be shown in views that use the table and then click the OK button.

Keep in mind that the second option is something you would need to do for every task table you use regularly.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:39 PM