How to disable value of Path into full-text index RRS feed

• Question

• I do not want to search documents in Search Center with keyword contained in Path. I tried to modify 'Searchable' Property of Managed Property Path, and 'Include in full-text index' option of Crawl Property, but not work.

As shown in the picture.

• Edited by lptian Thursday, July 9, 2020 2:42 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2020 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi, lptian,

Per my knowledge, it may be better for you to use Keyword Query Language (KQL) to narrow the range of search results instead of changing the path property. You can customize the search result web part to rebuild the query and exclude the results only contains the keyword in path. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 10, 2020 7:48 AM
  • Hi, Jerry

Thanks for reply.

I know what you mean. I only want to search value of some specific fields in Customized List, exclude all other fields not only Path. So I tried to modify option of Managed Properties,  for not full-text index values.

I am also confused about 'Searchable' Property of Managed Property and 'Include in full-text index' option of Crawl Property. 

According to documents, Search in SharePoint matches results for the terms you chose for the query based on terms stored in the full-text index. This includes managed property values where 'Searchable'  is set to true. Only 'Searchable' control whether full-text index or not. I do not know what use of this option 'Include in full-text index'.
    To test, I unchecked 'Searchable' of all managed propertied, normally all values are not indexed, but I still find documents with 'P1' keyword. SharePoint has special handling for Build-in Managed Property? 

I am using SP2019.

• Edited by lptian Monday, July 13, 2020 1:29 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2020 1:24 AM
  • Hi, lptian,

Per my knowledge and test, we may not be able to handle the "path" property to get a solution for your needs. You may need to turn to KQL for it.

This  SharePoint 2013 - Search Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

You can mark the reply as answer if you find it helpful. 

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. Or, you can create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, August 3, 2020 7:37 AM