none
Localize Windows 8.1 with unattend.xml RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am using mdt 2013 with sccm 2012 R2 to deploy windows 8.1. I wish to localize it to en-AU.

I have created a package with the unattend.xml file and specified that file in my "apply operating system image" task sequence step. I used windows SIM to add the "international-core" to my answer file and specified InputLocale, SystemLocale, UILanguage and UserLocale as en-AU.

When I deploy this task sequence it ignores my settings and installs the default en-US. 

Exactly how does one localize a Windows 8.1 installation using the unattend file?

Thanks

David Z

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Specify InputLocale, SystemLocale, UILanguage and UserLocale in customsettings.ini instead of the unattend file.
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:09 AM
  • Specify InputLocale, SystemLocale, UILanguage and UserLocale in customsettings.ini instead of the unattend file.
    Thanks. Ill test that next week. So why have these settings in unattend.xml if they are useless?
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:05 PM
  • The settings can be set in multiple phases in the unattend.xml and it can be hard to know where and when it uses the diffrent phases.

But if you use the customsettings.ini MDT will handle that for you, normally you don't need to change in the unattend.xml file.

Friday, March 14, 2014 8:14 AM
  • I have these settings in my customsettings.ini

UserLocale=en-AU
    SystemLocale=en-AU
    KeyboardLocale=0c09:00000409
    UILanguage=en-AU
    GeoID=12

and I have the gather step specifying that file and it still doesnt apply. Im still getting english(US)

David Z

Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:37 PM