Domain Controller Sites & Services - Schema Extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My name is Ray, I have some complicated issue currently at my work and hope that someone can help me out with this. So the story goes like this (I'll explain in pointer; I think that will be better for everyone to understand the sequence as well)

• I had a USN roll back case whereby one of my colleague accidentally restore DC from snapshot after some patch failure
    • Then we did some meta data cleanup and check the USN and ensure that every other domain including our root domain was not affected by the USN Rollback. We are able to verified this with Microsoft as well and everything sort of back to normal
    • However, after the clean up, we notice there are 2 items in summary that remain as an issue
    • 1st, on my root domain and other sub-domain, (we are as well one of the sub-domain), on AD Sites and Services, we notice that under our Sites, it detected our old domain controller(says now we have 2 domain controller AD3 and AD4, where my old DC, affected by USN rollback are AD1 and AD2) so it detected ONLY AD1 and was not registering AD3 and AD4
    • 2nd, however on replication (repadmin /showrepl) we are able to see there are replication going on to AD3 and AD4.
    • I have moved all my FSMO roles to our backup DC (DCB1; it's old DC on different sites but was not affected by USN Rollback)  in other sites, so both AD3 and AD4 holds no roles at all
    • AD Sites and Replication from my root and other sub-domains are still able to see DCB1

So that's roughly our case and my questions are as below

1. Have anyone ever encounter similar issue, with regards of the sites and services? and how do you solve this?

2. At the moment, my company is planning to run Schema extension to support Office 365 project, though my domain currently holds no user ID, MS has feed back, saying that it may cause schema extension to failed. Giving the reason that they found some Configuration replication failed in between my domain with the root.(base on the DCDIAG from the root, there are configuration failed but schema and other replication was OK). Wondering will this cause any schema extension issue?

Thanks guys and hope to hear from you all soon. Pardon me for my bad English.

Ray

Friday, December 22, 2017 12:46 PM

All replies

• Fuck u pussy come to my mf house and lets throw them mf hands and get beat down like a bitch
    Friday, December 22, 2017 1:00 PM
  • Hi,
    This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

I would apologize for the delayed reply.

1. Based on my test, I couldn’t get the scenario as you mentioned above.

2. For Schema Extension, I would suggest you follow AD replication error information to fix AD replication issue and create a new thread in office 365 forum for further verify.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=Office2016setupdeploy

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:25 AM