Email sent using Outlook are not saved to the Sent Items folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having issue with sent email not appearing on sent folder.

-> Ensured Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder is ticked

Tried ->disabling the cached mode ->repairing the outlook profile-> recreating the outlook profile

Still no luck

Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hi sulavr,

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Are all sent messages not in the Sent Items folder? Or there are only a few sent messages not in? Can you see sent items in Sent Items folder on your web mail?

Please make sure you have not checked "When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder" via File > Options > Mail > Save messages.

Given this situation, please try searching for the messages you just sent and see if you can find them in Outlook.

Besides, it is suggested to check if you have set any rule which may lead to this issue. If there are multiple rules or you have difficulty finding the culprit one, please turn off all rules via File > Rules & Alerts and see if the problem still exists.

In addition, there could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 28, 2020 2:25 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thank you for your reply, The user is using Outlook 2016(16.0.4966.1000) and it's fully up to date. 

Are all sent messages not in the Sent Items folder? Or there are only a few sent messages not in? Can you see sent items in Sent Items folder on your web mail?

Emails sent from her appears on the sent box however if she sends any email from different mailbox it doesn't appear on sent mailbox.

I have ensure this isn't checked as well Please make sure you have not checked "When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder" via File > Options > Mail > Save messages.

I have also tried searching the message but i can't seem to find message also ran several test sending message.

I can also confirm that their aren't any rule and alert set 

i have also tried outlook /safe and outlook /cleanviews

Friday, February 28, 2020 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> Emails sent from her appears on the sent box however if she sends any email from different mailbox it doesn't appear on sent mailbox.

What do you mean by "different mailbox"? Did she configure multiple email accounts in her Outlook client? If so, messages from which mailbox will only exist in the Sent folder of that mailbox. If her other email account are IMAP or POP account, then she need to set it save copies of sent email via File > Account Settings > Double click the email account.

If this is not your case, please make your question clearer so I can help you better.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:19 AM