Shared calendar notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my colleagues shared his calendar with me and since then I am getting all unnecessary meeting and event notification in my Outlook inbox which is really annoying. for example, if he invites others for an event/meeting; I get all the notifications in my inbox (if the recipients accept/decline the meeting). 

He is a senior guy thus its bit awkward for me delete his calendar from my account. Is there any way to STOP those notifications from shared account? I tried email filtering/rules options but they didn't work in this case. 

Thanks for you help.

Cheers.

• Edited by send help Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How does he share the calendar?

If he shared his calendar via Delegate option, you will notice an option (shown as below) which is selected by default.

In this case, I’d like to recommend you contact him and check the permission via File > Account Settings > Delegate Access. Choose your account and click Permission to unselect the option.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:09 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, October 19, 2018 7:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by send help Friday, October 26, 2018 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by send help Friday, October 26, 2018 6:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How does he share the calendar?

If he shared his calendar via Delegate option, you will notice an option (shown as below) which is selected by default.

In this case, I’d like to recommend you contact him and check the permission via File > Account Settings > Delegate Access. Choose your account and click Permission to unselect the option.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:09 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, October 19, 2018 7:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by send help Friday, October 26, 2018 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by send help Friday, October 26, 2018 6:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried changing this option? Does it work for you?

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

Was the reply helpful to you?

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 22, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes, he shared his calendar via delegate option. 

is there any way to stop notifications from his calendar without letting him know? 

Kind regards

Friday, October 26, 2018 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

You can create a rule to move this kind of messages to a separate sub-folder. But Outlook may not stop receiving the copy of meeting-related messages to your account.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, October 29, 2018 6:50 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 6:50 AM