locked
Configuration Manager failed to gather data from source RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am doing a migration from SCCM 2007 SP2 to SCCM 2012 SP1 CU3 for the same domain
    The sccm 2007 server is installed with sql 2005 whereas sccm 2012 server is installed with sql 2012
    I am currently facing an issue after keying in the source site credentials

    I have the following error :

    Configuration Manager failed to gather data from sourceA.xxx.xxx

    Configuration Manager failed to connect the database of the source site.
    Ensure the source site database server is on-line, that the specified credentials have Read
    and Execute permissions to the source site database, and that firewall exceptions are configured and include
    the following ports 1433 (TCP), 1434 (TCP)

    The following is what I did:
    1. The migration credentials that I used is a domain admin account. I have also added the credential to the SMS Admin Group on the source site SCCM 2007 server.
    2. On the SCCM 2012 sql server, I am able to connect to source sql server using the migration credentials
    3. I have disabled the firewall between the source and target server

    Can anyone highlight what I have missed out?

    Friday, June 12, 2015 2:58 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please follow the steps in the blog below to grant permissions for the credential.

    http://windowsitpro.com/configuration-manager/migrating-sccm-2007-sccm-2012

    Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

    Best Regards,

    Joyce


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Monday, June 15, 2015 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

    I have tried that article before. In the current sccm 2007, there is an .net error for v2.0

    The error is under the application log on the sccm 2007 server. It is as follows:

    "Failed to initialize the Common Language Runtime (CLR) v2.0.50727" with HRESULT 0x800700005. You need to restart the SQL server to use CLR integration features"

    I tried to repair the .net v2.0.50727 using the .netrepairtool but to no avail. I also tried to restart the sql service and server as well.

    Any idea?



    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:46 AM
  • Hi,

    "Failed to initialize the Common Language Runtime (CLR) v2.0.50727" with HRESULT 0x800700005. You need to restart the SQL server to use CLR integration features"

    The error code 0x800700005 means access denied. It seems to be a problem related to SQL permissions configuration. You could post this question in SQL forum.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlnetfx

    Best Regards,

    Joyce


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Monday, June 15, 2015 5:53 AM
  • Hey kslau

    Im having the same problem -  my source DB is on a SQL cluster, and Im using the actual service account for access.  It veryifies OK - but when you go ahead and try the data gather, it fails with the same error.

    SQL is set to use a static port, and that port is open (you need to specify the port to verify the account !!)

    Id assume that the service account that SQL runs under, ought to have R/X permissions - so Im stumped


    Solutions Architect

    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:35 PM