none
Synchronization of Individual records RRS feed

• Question

• We need to Full Sync-Commit manually on approx 1000 records as we can't run a Full Sync on MA.
    Is there any powershell or windows command to Full Sync commit on particular records by providing the DN ?

Regards,
    Srinivas

Friday, March 4, 2016 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

no you cant do that progrmaticly !

Only way is to do it one by one manually using preview and commit, but that yould be a pain on 1000 objects.

But way can't you run a Full Sync ?

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:28 AM
  • Thanks Peter for your reply.

We haven't run Full Sync since long and we don't want to take chances by running a Full Sync.

No option of DI-FS in a single step as well , which could have helped.

Friday, March 4, 2016 11:13 AM
  • I would suggest actually running the Full Sync. Full Sync should be run regularly.

Do Previews on objects where you are unsure of the Full Sync result, verify, and then run the FS.

I don't know any way do do FS programatically, although that would be nice.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Friday, March 4, 2016 2:05 PM
  • Srinivas-

What's the reason for needing to do the full sync on these objects?

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Friday, March 4, 2016 5:56 PM
  • the group members are not flowing to AD after a distribution group is converted to mail enabled Security group on delta.On full Synch Preview->Commit the members flow to AD connector space.
    Monday, March 7, 2016 6:09 AM
  • The way that you can accomplish this task is to create additional management agent - for example flat file one. Then you specify users that you want FS on in CSV file, import them and join with MV users - now you can use FS on this MA to invoke FS only on selected users (I mean - users from CSV).

Note - that would work only for outbound synchronization, so if you need FS for import from MA, it's not gonna work.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, March 7, 2016 10:53 AM
  • Thank you Dominik.Let me try that.
    Monday, March 7, 2016 11:31 AM
  • I just noticed that you are doing sync preview on groups not users so the CSV approach should be still valid, but in CSV you'd need groups, not users :)

But I'm on the same side as others here - Full Sync would be much better and you should change the system to be able to run FS without any concerns.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:33 PM