none
Unable to delete Management Agents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been given the task to delete redundant Management Agents within FIM 2010 R2. However, when I try and delete the Agent and select:

"Delete management agent and connector space"

I get the following error:

"Unable to delete the management agent. The management agent cannot be deleted or renamed because the working directory is in use".

It is worth noting that the Agent was for domain, which has now been decommissioned over a year ago. It serves no purpose, however there are Metaverse Retry Errors each morning: "Sync-rule-flow-provisioning-failed

Before the task came to me, I have had no FIM experience whatsoever, so appreciate all the help I can get here.

Regards,

Hugh

Friday, August 26, 2016 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Hugh,

Please do the following:

Enter Tools\Options in Synch Engine and uncheck "Enable Provisioning Rules Extensions" and "Enable Synchronization Rule Provisioning":

After that, enter FIM Portal with Administrative privileges - and enter Synchronization Rules:

Please check if any Sync Rules points to the management agent that you want to delete (you should see the name of an agent in "External System" column). If so, such Synchronization Rule should be pointed to another MA or deleted.

Then, please try to remove the agent once again. After done, re-enable Provisionings that were enabled.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by FIM Indian Friday, August 26, 2016 1:15 PM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 10:15 AM
  • Adding to Dominik's input - and refering Sync-rule-flow-provisioning-failed - please click on this error and paste here more info, what is the error. It might just be that you have some objects not joined between metaverse and external system. Or there is a lack of one attribute that is needed for calculation of something.

It's hard to say without more information.

Friday, August 26, 2016 1:18 PM
  • Thanks for the steps. If I delete the old MA and Connector space, does it delete only on that MA not affecting the object on other MAs?

Malizo

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:19 AM
  • Hi Malizo,

It depends on you MIM settings.

1. Deleting Rules - in Sync Service Manager go to Metaverse Designer tab, select needed object type (person, group etc) and click Configure Object Deletion Rule.

2. If deleting MA is source and single connector for some attribute this attribute value can be deleted from another MAs.

Emil Valiev

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:16 PM