none
Views of the Project Center visible only to members of a custom User Group. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to make specific views of the Project Center visible only to members of a custom group. Whatever I do, all User Groups see all the Project Center views.

Thanks

• Edited by WLID1966 Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:35 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The view needs to be select in a category, not a group. So create a custom category where the given view is selected, then associate the category to your custom group.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Friday, February 22, 2019 1:20 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:43 PM
  • WLID1966 --

Have you actually had people in the relevant security Groups to test what they can see?  I ask this because if you are a site collection administrator, your own security permissions will be applied when you use the Delegation feature, rather than the person for whom you are running the Delegation session.  I would ask people from different security groups to access the Project Center page and let you know which projects they see.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:43 PM
  • You might test the configuration with the real users since the delegation session with an admin account might not work as expected.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The view needs to be select in a category, not a group. So create a custom category where the given view is selected, then associate the category to your custom group.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:43 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I followed your advice, but with no avail.

NB : To test it, I used the Delegate feature:

First I worked as a delegate of User A who is allowed to see Projects A and B

Second I worked as a delegate of User B who is allowed to see Projects C and D.

In fact I always see the 4 projects : A, B, C and D

Do you know if the Delegate feature is efficient in this configuration?

Thanks

• Edited by WLID1966 Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by WLID1966 Friday, February 22, 2019 1:20 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:16 PM
  • WLID1966 --

Have you actually had people in the relevant security Groups to test what they can see?  I ask this because if you are a site collection administrator, your own security permissions will be applied when you use the Delegation feature, rather than the person for whom you are running the Delegation session.  I would ask people from different security groups to access the Project Center page and let you know which projects they see.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:43 PM
  • You might test the configuration with the real users since the delegation session with an admin account might not work as expected.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:49 PM