HTML Signature in 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Outlook dev team,

I'd love to know how to add an e-mail signature in the latest Outlook. I'd love to get the solution for an average user so my employees would know how to do it. 

I've searched ton on this topic and I just can't understand how is it possible that in 2017 such company as Microsoft makes adding a simple signature such a pain in the #@$. How does it come that clients like AirMail, Thunderbird, emClient make it so easy while Your UX seems like there's noone who responds for UX in Microsoft at all?

Where's the option to just paste HTML? Or to import .html file? Does it have to be so complicated? 

Paul

Sunday, November 5, 2017 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi DoubleuPaul,

from the description of the thread, it looks like your issue is related with Outlook user interface.

but this forum only handles the issues regarding Outlook object model.

so for better response and better solution, I move this thread to Outlook it pro discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:05 AM
  • Thanks Deepak! Looking forward for any help with this issue
    Monday, November 6, 2017 10:43 AM
  • Hi Paul,

Generally, to create a signature and choose when Outlook adds a signature to your messages, we can refer to the instructions in the following article:

Create and add a signature to messages

The signatures in Microsoft Outlook are located in a folder named Signature. If by paste HTML, you meant to import HTML signatures into Microsoft Outlook, please open this folder, and you can copy/cut or paste signatures easily.

To find the signatures folder, please open the Windows Explorer, and enter the %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures in the address box at the top, and then press the Enter key:

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:10 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I am writing to see if the above reply was helpful. 

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 27, 2017 9:46 AM