Outlook 2010 disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Remote Desktop Server running Server 2012 and Outlook 2010 connecting to Exchange 2013 also running on Server 2012.  Most of the time everything runs fine, but it seems like once a month or so everyone cannot connect to Exchange using Outlook.  When it starts it says "Trying to connect" and then after a few seconds it says disconnected.  This just happened so I tried to connect using OWA and it worked.  I restart all the services for Exchange and that never seems to work right away but shortly after it is able to connect again.  Nothing appears in event viewer.  When this happens I have tried to open outlook using the /rpcdiag switch and it shows it cannot connect.  I am not sure what I can do to troubleshoot this as when it happens it is always during work hours and I have to get it working again as quickly as possible as people are waiting.  Any suggestions?  This seems to be happening on a fairly regular basis.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:46 PM

Answers

• Check the antivirus configuration, disable for a while, outlook will connect again.

This happened to me on symantec antivirus.

• Proposed as answer by Vishwanath.S Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zi Feng Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:26 PM