none
Won't install on my SSD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have an M.2 ssd which im trying to install windows 10 onto yet everytime I try to install it it states that "Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted to NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation." 

This is the current issue I am having, my only concern is that Windows 10 only installs on partitions that are NTFS so I don't know why it would ask me to make it a different formatting. Please help me ASAP as I have tried talking with support and they sent me here as a last resort. Thank you.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is this a new blank sdd? Are you doing a clean install? If so try on the disk selection screen deleting all the partitions and telling Windows to install on allocated space. That way it chooses what to do.
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:51 PM

• We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:47 AM