App-V 50 Package with Scripting RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently task with as application/tool which business wants to roll-out to our Workstations, and this product requires Java JDK 1.8.0.45 to run but we still have application that still use  version 6 and 7.

So we thought we have to package Java and the application into one bubble but having issues trying to integrate.

This is how the application/tool work on a normal machine.

1. Install Java which is JDK1.8.0.45
    2. Copy Folder to the root of C:\ that contains the application files and the Install.cmd below
    3. Install Install.cmd – Listed below:
    @echo off
    net stop FDPAgent
    sc delete FDPAgent

Setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

set cp=conf;
    for %%f in (../server/*.jar) do set cp=!cp!;server/%%f

set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45/jre
    set Jvm=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45/jre/bin/server/jvm.dll
    set FDP_HOME=C:\fdp-agent-0.8.9
    set BROKER=IP Address for the Server:61616
    set LOG_PATH=%FDP_HOME%/log/

prunsrv //US//FDPAgent --DisplayName="FDP Agent" ^
    --Install=%FDP_HOME%/bin/prunsrv.exe --StartMode=jvm --Jvm="%Jvm%" --StopMode=jvm ^
    --JavaHome="%JAVA_HOME%" ^
    --StartClass=servername.agent.main.Main --StartMethod=start ^
    --StopClass=servername.agent.main.Main --StopMethod=stop ^
    --JvmMs=32 --JvmMx=512 --JvmSs=32000 ^
    --StartPath=C:\fdp-agent-0.8.9 ^
    ++JvmOptions="-Duser.timezone=GMT;-Dagent.home=%FDP_HOME%;-Djms.broker.url=failover:tcp://%BROKER%;-Djava.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=servername.agent.util.FilePreferencesFactory" ^
    --StartParams="--port=9103" ^
    --LogPath="%LOG_PATH%" ^
    --Classpath="%cp%"

net start FDPAgent

echo on

Need Help with the below:

App-V Java with Sequencer 5.0 - Which I can Do

Copy Application folder to the local machine - Need Help

Run the Install.cmd within the same bubbled app-v

Friday, July 10, 2015 8:47 AM

Answers

• Can you explain your need further. As per my understanding to your query, follow these steps

1. Open sequencer and start installing java first.

2. Copy the application folder and run the Install.cmd.

3. Stop the sequencer.

By this way you can achieve all your needs in a single package.

And if you can show the error log or error screenshot, it would help us to analyze the issue you are facing. As of now,I guess the issue is with the code inside the Install.cmd file. Can you check these contents and see whether these paths are properly set and your application is able to access them inside virtual bubble.

Set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45/jre

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Monday, July 13, 2015 4:45 AM
  • Hello,

You have created one Package for Java & your application - Then what are you trying to Integrate

What error do you see when you try to launch your application ? Have you tried to check in Event Logs?

Though this might not be the solution for your problem, I would suggest you to sequence Java & your Package as 2 Individual Packages. Create Connection Group for those two - Later in any case if you need the same JDK for any other app, again you have to sequence both as a single package. Rather if you have sequenced as a separate package then you can use the same for any other applications which requires it.

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You have created one Package for Java & your application - Then what are you trying to Integrate

What error do you see when you try to launch your application ? Have you tried to check in Event Logs?

Though this might not be the solution for your problem, I would suggest you to sequence Java & your Package as 2 Individual Packages. Create Connection Group for those two - Later in any case if you need the same JDK for any other app, again you have to sequence both as a single package. Rather if you have sequenced as a separate package then you can use the same for any other applications which requires it.

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:20 PM
  • Can you explain your need further. As per my understanding to your query, follow these steps

1. Open sequencer and start installing java first.

2. Copy the application folder and run the Install.cmd.

3. Stop the sequencer.

By this way you can achieve all your needs in a single package.

And if you can show the error log or error screenshot, it would help us to analyze the issue you are facing. As of now,I guess the issue is with the code inside the Install.cmd file. Can you check these contents and see whether these paths are properly set and your application is able to access them inside virtual bubble.

Set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45/jre

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Monday, July 13, 2015 4:45 AM