Cannot upload xlsm files on SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I have a problem on SharePoint 2013 Foundation. I cannot upload xlsm Excel files  (excel with Macro) on a document library. I can upload through Windows Explorer but then the file becomes corrupted. Normal Excel and other file formats can be normaly uploaded.

I appreciate every help.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I recommend that you can create a new site in this server and upload a new .xlsm file to a document library to test if it is the current site’s issue.

Best Regards,

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Friday, August 1, 2014 9:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by JasonGuo Friday, August 1, 2014 9:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Monday, August 11, 2014 1:27 AM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you couldn’t upload the .xlsm excel files with Macro into a document library on SharePoint 2013 Foundation.

In my environment, I tried to upload an .xlsm excel files with Macro in a document library. The result was that the .xlsm excel files could be uploaded, edited and saved.
    And, when I viewed these files in a browser window, I could edit them, however the Macro would not be supported in the browser window.

I recommend that you can check if the “Define blocked file types” in General Security of Central Administrator includes the .xlsm file type at first.

And, you can try to upload a new .xlsm excel file to the library or upload it into another document library in your environment.

For more information, you can refer to:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/differences-between-using-a-workbook-in-the-browser-and-in-excel-HA010369179.aspx
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262496(v=office.15).aspx

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li

Friday, July 25, 2014 8:24 AM
  • The xlsm filetype is not on the list of blocked file types. I even tried to upload it as an attachment on a list but it didn't work. I tried to upload it on several Document Library but I always get the same error. Could it be a server issue.

Friday, July 25, 2014 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend that you can create a new site in this server and upload a new .xlsm file to a document library to test if it is the current site’s issue.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Friday, August 1, 2014 9:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by JasonGuo Friday, August 1, 2014 9:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Monday, August 11, 2014 1:27 AM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 6:48 AM