i have loaded OSx onto a virtual hardrive but when i try and load it with the boot loader -x -v -s colors=32 -amd o receive this error RRS feed

All replies

• Hello McC7ould.

As far as I know, the Mac OS X operating system can be installed only on Apple computers, so such an error message is obvious. Furthermore, installing Mac OS X on a "not Apple" computer is considered a license violation and it is not supported at all by Apple, of course.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:39 PM
  • yes i know that its a violation. that was not the question was. did you see that question anywhere in whar i wrote?  i own many mac products such as iphones and ipads, and also hold a developers account with apple. what i ask for was help. just cus you dont know the answer doesnt mean you should post anything , just to get something . further more maybe you should only post on topics you know about as to help me not waist time. thats what the world is about helping people after all, not annoying them. goodbye
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:45 PM
  • also dont you think is kinda funny how its ok to run windows on apple with bootcamp yet its a total violation to run apple on windows? so come on sick of this locking up programs and violations. this is how the world progresses and innovates by sharing knowledge not holding onto it to become wealthy . what is apple the next oil company
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:50 PM
  • Apple is primarily a hardware company that has developed an OS and a user experience tailored specifically to that hardware.

AFAIK an Apple developer support should give you what you need, however it may also lock you into their hardware for your development sandbox. 

But also, OSx is built on BSD, UNIX.  And there are many things that can be done to lock it into hardware.

Hyper-V does not spoof hardware with emulation the way that VMware does.

All that said, you are not the first that has tried and failed at trying to put OSx in a VM.  The screen shot looks to me that it is looking for a very specific type of boot device and the apple ATA drive is not finding it, and thus panic-ing because it cannot boot because it cannot properly locate its boot volume.

So, you need to go deeper into the kernel.  I don't know if anyone here can help you with that.

Brian Ehlert
    http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.
    Disclaimer: Attempting change is of your own free will.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:28 PM
  • There is a community project to build Hyper-V support for FreeBSD.  But that is a bit different than BSD.

Brian Ehlert
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:30 PM
  • thanks a lot guys for all your help. i met a friend online <mod> for this exact thing should have it up and running. still thought it was funny how on apple site all you see is no no no u cant , violation, then they have bootcamp. apple is not not my cup of tea but i do have games i like to play on my iphone and i have a 23 inch touch screen. 

Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:57 PM
  • Excellent.

I don't know how the Demi-gods at Apple would like to see a technical answer to how to do this here in the forums anyway.

;-)

Brian Ehlert
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.

Friday, February 7, 2014 1:36 AM
  • yes i know that its a violation. that was not the question was. did you see that question anywhere in whar i wrote?  i own many mac products such as iphones and ipads, and also hold a developers account with apple. what i ask for was help. just cus you dont know the answer doesnt mean you should post anything , just to get something . further more maybe you should only post on topics you know about as to help me not waist time. thats what the world is about helping people after all, not annoying them. goodbye

You sure know that Apple Mac OS X is designed and implemented for installation and execution only on Apple computers: any other kind of hardware is not supported and is absolutely obvious that sooner or later you'll encounter a problem like the one reported in the picture; as you can see, one of the lines in the error message reported a kernel trap, en exception in the OS's kernel that prevents it from start and run.
    Windows support in Bootcamp is a completely different thing: Apple doesn't want Mac OS installed and executed on computer different than Apple's. "this is how the world progresses and innovates by sharing knowledge": that's what you wrote and I agree, but Apple wants to act that way.

By the way, VirtualBox claims (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes) to support Mac OS X virtualization: you could try using it and check if it works fine.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, February 7, 2014 8:35 AM
  • One update: Microsoft starts to officially support FreeBSD running on Hyper-v. The support matrix is published on TechNet this Oct. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn848318.aspx
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 3:33 AM