On Lync How to disable/enable (put it up or down) a SIP Trunk toward a Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Lync 2013 is connected in SIP to a IP Gateway ( Ip Gateway and trunks declared in the Topology builder).  I would like to disable the Trunk toward this IP Gateway without deleting the Trunk from the topology builder.

On the IP gateway , i am able to put disable the admin status of the trunk (to call routed , no probe options answer ...)  but i didn't find the way on Lync.

Any solution ?

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Nuittreslongue,

I’m afraid you have to delete the trunk or the IP Gateway (The root trunk cannot be removed until the associated PSTN gateway is removed) from the topology, since a trunk consists of the following association: Mediation Server fully qualified domain name (FQDN), the Mediation Server listening port, the gateway FQDN, and the gateway listening port.

By the way, removing or creating a trunk won’t spend too much time.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nuittreslongue Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:20 AM
  • Perhaps there's another method to accomplish what you're after, let us know and there may be another answer.  Are you using FQDNs or IPs for your gateways and trunks?  If FQDNs, you could always use a host file to point it to nothing and make it appear broken. 

In Lync/Skype, there's no disable trunk option, so you're going to have to get creative somehow if you don't simply have an SBC you can turn off.

If you think it should be an option, and I agree it should be there, please add it to www.skypefeedback.com let them know.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Nuittreslongue Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:27 PM

All replies

• You could simply remove the gateway from your routes so it's not used outbound, but I'm not sure you can just disable it within Lync.  Are you trying to test something?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:55 PM
  • Hi Nuittreslongue,

I’m afraid you have to delete the trunk or the IP Gateway (The root trunk cannot be removed until the associated PSTN gateway is removed) from the topology, since a trunk consists of the following association: Mediation Server fully qualified domain name (FQDN), the Mediation Server listening port, the gateway FQDN, and the gateway listening port.

By the way, removing or creating a trunk won’t spend too much time.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nuittreslongue Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:20 AM
  •  I know that i can remove the Gateway from the Route inside the PU but i would like to avoid that (specilly because i have several route with this Trunk).

The Idea is to be able to block the trafic on a Trunk without touching the Routing and without removing the Trunk from Topology.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Thanks Eric.

I know that delete and create a Trunk on Topology is  easy, but i don't like to touch the topology and every time we create something we can do mistake.

Disable /Enable of a Trunk is a feature that i have on other SIP Equipment . I am surprised that Lync don't have it. 

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:22 AM
  • You can use PowerShell to quickly remove and then add it back using the Get-CsVoiceRoute cmdlt.

Hugo Picão
    MCIPT:Lync 2010 / MCITP:EA / MCTS:OCS / MCTS:W2K8 / MCSE: 2003
    My Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:23 AM
  • Perhaps there's another method to accomplish what you're after, let us know and there may be another answer.  Are you using FQDNs or IPs for your gateways and trunks?  If FQDNs, you could always use a host file to point it to nothing and make it appear broken. 

In Lync/Skype, there's no disable trunk option, so you're going to have to get creative somehow if you don't simply have an SBC you can turn off.

If you think it should be an option, and I agree it should be there, please add it to www.skypefeedback.com let them know.

• Marked as answer by Nuittreslongue Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:27 PM