Outlook/Exchange Setup RRS feed

• Question

• In Exchange 2010, I have set up a group of users to be able to "Send on behalf of" for a shared mailbox. That works fine for the users that were setup, How do I make sure that the emails being delivered by them still show who sent the email in the header?

We typically use Office 2010 with some movement towards 2016.
    Monday, September 18, 2017 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>How do I make sure that the emails being delivered by them still show who sent the email in the header?

Generally, if you set the Send on Behalf permission to shared mailbox, there would be a Sender field in message header to indicate the true sender of this message. For example:

The following is a message send by Steve Fan on behalf of Winni Liang, in message header, the From field is Winni Liang while the Sender field is Steve Fan:

In your scenario, please check your send on behalf of permission to make sure it is not the Send As permission which there is no information about the true sender in message header.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful, please mark it as answer to close the thread. It will help other who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:27 AM