App-V 5.0 SP3, Redirected Start Menu not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

My environment is
    Citrix Xendesktop 7.6, using MCS to create a VDI solution hosted on VMWare esxi.

It's a non-persistent desktop solution, publishing Server 2012 R2 as a Desktop OS.

We are using App-V 5.0 SP3 Full infrastructure to publish our apps with Shared Content Store enabled.

My issue is around the Start Menu. The only way I've been able to get the Start Menu to have the look and feel the client requires is by using a Redirected Start Menu which is hosted on a network share with Read Only access.

A new user logs in and the App-V publishing server tries to stream the apps to the end user but because they don't have write access to the Shared Start Menu the application shortcut doesn't get published. This is understandable as we don't want each user publishing their apps to the Shared location.

If I don't use a redirected start menu, the apps and shortcuts get published without any issues, presumably to the users profile and All users profile.

Has anyone come across this scenario before?

I've had a quick Google on this and can't find any help, it seems all I could find is that it's currently "Unsupported"  which doesn't really help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mark
    Friday, May 6, 2016 10:29 AM

Answers

• You could publish the packages globally, but in that case all applications would be available for all users. The only other solution would be to open up the network-share.

Roy Essers

Saturday, May 7, 2016 1:22 PM