Enable Skype for business for bulk users using powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just want to enable skype for business for bulk users. However, i want enable only chat feature user sholudn't have video call desktop sharing etc...

I have tried below powershell cmd. It enabling skype for business for users but all features are showing.

PowerShell:

Enable-CsUser -Identity “User Name" -RegistrarPool "sfbpool.contoso.com"   -SipAddress sip:User@contoso.com | Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -identity "User Name" -PolicyName "new User"

Note: That New User - conferencing policy i created in sfb. That policy enables only chat feature for user.

Regards,

Dheeraj Reddy

Regards, Dheeraj Reddy

Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hello Dheerah Reddy

As far as I know you should do like this:

for a bulk processing I usually store all selected users in a variable that do a for each loop

for example $myusers = get-csuser ..... ....

or select your users with get-aduser 

foreach ($user is $users)

{

Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -identity "User Name" -PolicyName "new User"

}

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, July 21, 2017 8:16 AM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:01 AM
  • Hi Dheeraj Reddy Bobba,

As a supplement, you could refer to the following document to enable bulk users for Skype for Business
    http://www.markc.me.uk/blog/files/BulkSkypeUsers.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 21, 2017 9:38 AM
  • Hi Dheeraj Reddy Bobba,

You could use the following script:

Import-csv C:\filename.csv| Foreach {

Enable-CsUser -Identity $_.UserName -RegistrarPool "sfbpool.contoso.com" -SipAddress $_.SipAddress

Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -identity $_.UserName -PolicyName "New Policy Name"

}

For the CSV file, you need to add user name and sip address at least.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, July 24, 2017 9:05 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 1:34 AM
  • excellent Alice, it's working :) thank you 

Regards, Dheeraj Reddy

Friday, March 22, 2019 4:38 AM