none
CustomSettings.ini Priority RRS feed

• Question

• We're using TaskSequencID based customsettings.ini to deploy different settings to each Task Sequence. It is my understanding the Priority= line controls the order in which the sections are run/applied and the majority of the variables are first-write wins, meaning once set they can't be overwritten. 

With that said. If I had the below example, SkipCapture being the first write wins variable, it would be set under the TaskSequence001 section to YES, then [Default] would run and set it again, doing nothing (variable already set). End result would be SkipCapture=YES and the page is skipped. That's not what I'm seeing. Anything set in [Default] seems to win regardless so the only way I can get per task sequence settings to apply is NOT set them under [Default] but that results in having to constantly set every shared variable under each and every task sequence.

Piriority=TaskSequenceID,Default

[TaskSequence001]

SkipCatpture=YES

[Default]

SkipCapture=NO

• Edited by Jayson. C Friday, February 22, 2019 10:18 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2019 10:17 PM

All replies

• Your Logic is perfect but.... CustomSettings.ini is processed before you can select a task sequence in the wizard, so the section [TaskSequence001] is never red as the TaskSequenceID is empty at the time customsettings.ini is parced.

What you can do :

Save your exemple under another name in the MDT control folder, then edit the gather step in the Initialization section and add the aforementioned file, it should works! 

Monday, February 25, 2019 1:59 PM