none
Records Center Content Organizer Rule Not Routing Records

Question

• Greetings,

I have a records center where one type of item is not being routed out of the drop off library.  There are many content types associated with this records center and all the other types are routing without issue.

After I submit a record, I get the following message:

"The document was submitted successfully. Its location will change pending action from a site administrator."

Which is different than what I get when a record is successfully submitted to a destination library.

I've even deleted the organizer rule and recreated it with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Friday, March 17, 2017 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Please check if there are validation rules on the fields in the target library and check the values in the fields to see if there are any validation failure on the fields for that item.

For narrowing down the issue scope, please create a copy of that file and re-upload again to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hi Bob,

Please check if there are validation rules on the fields in the target library and check the values in the fields to see if there are any validation failure on the fields for that item.

For narrowing down the issue scope, please create a copy of that file and re-upload again to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

There are no validation fields on the destination library.  Also, when I test the same content type/routing rules on a dummy file (just an image), the file routes without issue.

It just seems to be these 25 (or so) files in the drop off library, uploaded by someone else.  Note, this same person has successfully done this is the past.

Bob

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Hi Bob,

From your test, it seems that the issue is related with the specific account.

Could you please help collect the ULS log for further research?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:20 AM