You'll need a new app to open this jar RRS feed

• Question

• In my application, Whenever I click on a link which will open a new window, getting a popup saying "you'll need a new app to open this jar" with no options to be selected, but the new window opens in the background. This problem is specific to MS Edge. How can I resolve this message?
    Monday, July 18, 2016 4:48 AM

All replies

• Can you uninstall java  and install the latest one ?

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Monday, July 25, 2016 4:38 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried open this link using another browser?
    According yo my research, Edge does not support plug-ins, so it will nor run Java. Please try another browser to have a test.

Will Java run in my browser on Windows 10?
    Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox will continue to run Java on Windows 10. The Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java.
    https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win10_faq.xml

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:41 AM
  • Hi,

I have uninstalled java and installed latest one, but still same pop up continues.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

It works fine in all other browsers including IE 11. Facing this problem only in IE edge.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:55 AM