SharePoint 2007 - InfoPath cannot save the form RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2007 InfoPath form that is published to SharePoint 2007 - It requires check out - check in.  I have some users that are checking out individual form and making changes to the form then when they click Save - it returns the following error "InfoPath cannot save the form"  - this is causing much grief - as I have version history turned on and do not want to lose history.   Any ideas??? 
    Monday, March 5, 2012 6:14 PM

Answers

• Tina,

As Rahul mentioned please check the ULS (sharepoint) logs in the 12 hive. If you feel there is no relevant entry in the logs, turn on verbose logging and perform your action and then check the logs.

Go to Central Admin> Operations>Logging and Reporting>Click on Diagnostic Logging and state least critical event to log as verbose.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCTS

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are there any other error messages in UI? If not then check in ULS and Event viewer for more.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:53 AM
  • Unfortunately that is all that we were provided was the pop-up and nothing conclusive on the event handler.  We have determined that they were all checked out on a particular date.

Tina M. Hill

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Tina,

As Rahul mentioned please check the ULS (sharepoint) logs in the 12 hive. If you feel there is no relevant entry in the logs, turn on verbose logging and perform your action and then check the logs.

Go to Central Admin> Operations>Logging and Reporting>Click on Diagnostic Logging and state least critical event to log as verbose.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCTS

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:11 AM