none
Win 10 HP laptop extremely long boot time RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to troubleshoot my daughters less than 1 year old HP gaming laptops looooong boot time (10 min +).  It started this behavior 1 or 2 months ago while at college.  It is a windows 10 machine, fast start is not selected, it has been virus and malware scanned, defragmented and only 2 items are enabled on the startup tab in task manager.  Using WPR I have the following times for boot phases:

Pre Session - 81.86

Session Init - 240.18

Winlogin Init - 218.41

Explorer Init - 74.59

Post Boot  129.3

During this time storage ramps up to 100 and remains there or close 100 to for about 700 sec.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 24, 2020 2:20 PM

All replies

• If your computer was configured to order, you might need to reinstall certain software programs using the specific software installation discs that came with your computer.

For business computers, the recovery options might no longer be viable as the image might have been replaced. To confirm, contact your company's IT department or your local IT service.

HP Recovery Manager was discontinued in 2018. Use Windows 10 File History to backup and restore your files. For more information, go to Backup and Restore in Windows 10.'

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04762483

hassansayedissa

Saturday, October 24, 2020 3:04 PM
  • This is a forum strictly related to SysInternals Tools questions.

Microsoft has moved all the old version of the forums to a new site called "Microsoft Q&A": Microsoft Q&A supported products | Microsoft Docs

Please visit that site and post your question to the rigth forum.

Thanks for your cooperation!

HTH
    -mario

Monday, October 26, 2020 9:39 AM