access to easy php apache blocked on port 80 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

Hope this is the right sub-forum...

I need to re-program my domainfrom a W10PC. So I got easyphp 16.1 but does not work (no apache, no mysql)

So I loaded Xampp, installed and launched: following error message:

Mysql works bur for Apache: Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
    12:24:49  [Apache]     Problem detected!
    12:24:49  [Apache]     Port 80 in use by "Unable to open process" with PID 4!
    12:24:49  [Apache]     Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
    12:24:49  [Apache]     You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application

This port 80 might be the cause of easyphp not working.

Could not find any way to clear port 80.   msconfig has no answer for that

PID 4 cannot be killed

I am lost!  A tip please!

• Edited by Seylione Sunday, March 6, 2016 8:37 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I would like to suggest you open services.msc and then find World Wide Web Publishing Service, and stop the service. Then start start Apache again with XAMPP.

Or

This forum is focus on System Center Service Manager related issues. So if you need more assistance on this issue, you may need to post in Windows 10 forum or Appache forum.

In addition, here is a link for your reference:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20558410/xampp-port-80-in-use-by-unable-to-open-process-with-pid-4-12

Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, March 21, 2016 1:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, March 25, 2016 5:46 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 3:14 AM