Problem getting a third IMAP E-Mail-Address in outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after installing outlook 2016 I put in the email-accounts in outlook.

The first address was given, address, mail-serversettings, password.

Then a popup where I had to change the emailaddress in the accountname.

The second e-mail-adress went the same way

The third did not give me a popup to change the emailaddress in the accountname.

So the email-address was not stored and there is no way to get the data into the program.

Does Outlook limit the IMAP email-addresses on a maximum of 2?

I have not yet found a solution on the matter..

Kind regards,

Jan

Monday, April 30, 2018 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

From what I know, there is no limitation for IMAP accounts in Outlook 2016. I tested in my environment and managed to add more than 2 IMAP accounts in a single profile:

How did you add the accounts? If possible, could you please remove the privacy information and then share a screenshot about what you mean by "a popup to change the emailaddress in the accountname." then we can do further research on this? You may share the image via OneDrive and paste a link here.

Besides, please refer to the instructions in the link below and check if the third accounts can be added through the advanced setup:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-an-email-account-using-advanced-setup-560a9065-3c3a-4ec5-a24f-cdb9a8d622a2?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#bkmk_advanced

Any updates are appreciated.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:47 AM