Advertisement not showing in Run Advertised or Add New Programs RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Windows Update package for our Server 2003 machines and it will not show in Run Advertised or Add New Programs under add/remove.

I set the package to advertise and to the collection I wanted it to advertise to. I verified in the collection that it shows it is linked.

Collect Client Inventory Immediately w/ postpone restarts for servers checked. I checked Users can postpone indefinitely so they wouldn't install on their own. Left Perform Unattended installation of software updates unchecked / postpone installation. I do not have a time in the mandatory assignments, I removed it.

I waited 24 hours to see if it would show and it has not. I checked the event logs on one of the servers it is linked to and it I have:

Event Type:        Information

Event Source:    SmsClient

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              10002

Date:                     4/11/2012

Time:                     1:15:09 PM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          TESTVM1

Description:

Advertisement "RT120102" was received from site "XXX".

The client passes any supported platform requirements and the SMS will add the advertisement’s program to the list that will be displayed to users and/or run via assignment. If an advertisement is received but not displayed on a client, verify that the current time on the client is between the advertisement start and expiration times, and that the program specified in the advertisement is enabled.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• You have posted to the SMS 2003 forum but it sound like you are using CM07, Are you using SMS 2003?

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:57 PM
  • check the exemgr log file and patchdownloader log file,

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @MrLucknowWale |

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Monday, December 22, 2014 3:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:29 PM
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:34 PM