none
Cannot uninstall or install Office 2007 & 2010 after power outage during install RRS feed

• Question

• New laptop experienced a power outage during install of Office 2007. Office does not show in Add/Remove window. Several attempts to remove or uninstall failed, including FixIt as well as failure of manual removal process of previously attempted install files. Step one of the manual removal of the install attempts (Microsoft Technical Support article) gave me an error message that the computer could not then find "commands"... "cmd not found" Deleting those files in Step 1 also did not work, so I could not do steps 2 through 4 to complete the removal of numerous residual files.

Further attempts to install both the original Office 2007 Enterprise Ed and 2010 Enterprise Ed have failed. Error message only says Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 (or 2010) encountered an error during set-up. Anyone have an answer(s) short of a complete rebuild? I would certainly appreciate it. Partners phone support said this was the category to place this question in.

Monday, August 23, 2010 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Microsoft Office related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Microsoft Office forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:05 AM