Document library approval workflow in sharepoint 2013 reassignment RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a approval workflow for document Library in SharePoint 2013.
    • I have assigned the approver and started the workflow.
    • Approver received the Mail and opens the Task from outlook, a popup form for approval is displayed.
    • Approver is not able to reassign the task as the   Check names and Address book are not functioning.

Please provide your suggestion.

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your suggestion.

This issue is resolved.We found that one of the service was corrupted.

Regards,

Manju

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, September 2, 2016 1:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, September 5, 2016 7:44 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is JavaScript disabled on the Approvers browser? Can you try to open the form from multiple machines

Regards,

Amit

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Monday, August 22, 2016 12:35 PM
  • Hi Amit,

I tried the same functionality in SharePoint 2010 site, Check names and Address book are functioning as expected.

I tired in multiple machines too however facing the same Issue only for SharePoint 2013 sites.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:14 AM
  • Hi ManjuJ,

For this issue, I need to verify the things below with you first:

1. When you said the “Check names and Address book are not functioning”, did you mean the people picker cannot resolve users or the control was greyed out? Please provide an image for better understanding the issue.
    2. Did you use InfoPath 2010 or InfoPath 2013 on the computer where you opened the form from Outlook?
    3. Can you access SharePoint site on the computer where you opened the form?
    4. Did you have any settings on the people picker?

It would be very appreciated if you provide the SharePoint build number, Outlook version and InfoPath version for reproducing the issue.

Best Regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:02 PM
  • Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your response.

Details required are as follows

1)They are enabled.

2)InfoPath 2010 was used.

3)Yes i can access the SharePoint site.

4)No settings on people picker.

OutLook Version=2010.

Infopath version=2010.

Regards,

Manju

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:23 AM
  • Hi Manju,

Did you test with Office 2013 as Office 2013 is more compatible with SharePoint 2013?

And please also install the latest updates for office 2010 and then test again.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 29, 2016 2:17 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your suggestion.

This issue is resolved.We found that one of the service was corrupted.

Regards,

Manju

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, September 2, 2016 1:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, September 5, 2016 7:44 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Hi Manju,

Thanks for posting back and I am glad that your issue is resolved.

It would be very appreciated if you can provide the detailed solution here and it will help other users who meet the same issue in this forum.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Monday, August 29, 2016 2:39 AM