none
Secondary DPM server fails to see Protected Servers node of one Primary DPM server RRS feed

• Question

• Setup: All DPM servers are running DPM 2012 R2 with UR5 and KB3040326 installed

I've run into an issue with a new Primary DPM server that I've installed and that I wish to protect by a Secondary DPM server.

I've installed the Agent on the Primary server using the Management function on the Secondary server, like one would normally do, but if I try to add the server to a protection group, I'm only able to add it's Shares, Volumes, System Protection and SQL server (DPM SQL server of the Primary DPM server).

The node "Protected Servers" simply doesn't exist on the new Primary DPM server, when being accessed from the Secondary DPM server.

The Secondary DPM server is also acting as a secondary DPM server for other Primary DPM servers and have no problems seeing the "Protected Servers" node on those, so the problem seems to be isolated to this one Primary DPM server.

I've seen other posts referring to a problem with the MTATempStore$ of the Primary DPM server, but the Secondary DPM server has no problems accessing this share and the permissions on the share and folder grants full control to DPMRADCOMTrustedMachines and the Secondary DPM server's computer account is member of this group.

The only thing that's different with this DPM server is that it's a new installation where the other DPM servers originally were DPM 2012 SP1 servers what were in-place upgraded to DPM 2012 R2.

Can anyone explain this?

Regards, Martin

Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:58 AM

All replies